Wednesday 9 January 2013

Special Effects Practice

I practiced creating effects of fresh wounds on volunteers to make sure I found out the best practice of creating the most realistic wounds when it came to shooting for our drama.
I used modelling wax and basic body paints for colouring adding to the effect.
Firstly using little wax into a rolled a ball you then with the help of water spread the wax along the actors skin where you want the wound to be, then with a plastic knife you press down the middle of the wax creating what looks like a wound. Once the wax is dry and you have moulded the cut to your desire I then added black and red body paint to add to the effect of a fresh wound.

First Practices
As you can see in these first practices it didn't go to well. That is because I used too much paint to go over and around the wound, so the colour of the paint on the wound did not match the skin tone of the volunteers so therefore looked unrealistic and childish.




LESS IS MORE

My final practices were more successful and looked more like real wounds, that is because I discovered with  paint and make-up less can actually be more. I only included very little blood and make-up paint on the wound as I thought they looked more realistic and effective.


With more practices I will be more confident in the special effects when it comes to the shooting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment